Argh! Let me open profiles in new windows!

When I search the map to see which new members that have been added to my country, I would like to be able to open their profiles in new windows, this in order to not have to click like a maniac on the map again to see where everybody are living etc. Pretty please make this possible. I will probably go nuts if you don’t. I always surf the net in multiple windows.

8 Likes

Oh gosh!! Please don’t go nuts :slight_smile: I’m sure the devs will make this happen for you, but just to clarify, would a new tab be enough?

As long as we can control when we want to open them ourselves, yes. :slight_smile: Maybe. :wink: As long as the “new tab” isn’t just one… but one I can multiply… with say 40.

1 Like

Sorry! We’ll make sure it’s fixed for the next release (Sunday-ish)

6 Likes

Is it possible as well to go back to the map after checking someone’s profile? Cuz every time I have to follow and repeat the same pattern: search-map-profile.
Personally I feel like it would be easier to just return to a map after reading profile details instead of clicking search bar again , zoom in certain country and check another one.
(Maybe there is already some options and I didn’t discover it yet. Would u mind to guide me then a bit :wink: )

4 Likes

A new tab is actually not always enough, so it is better that user be able to select tab or window. If you want to compare two profile oc course you have to have two separate windows in your scree, if screen is big enough you can tile a lot of profiles there …

1 Like

A band-aid fix has been done and should be released in the next few days. The link is now the person’s name, and there is a button to show them in the map.

Not ideal but ok for now!

4 Likes

Is it possible to go straight from the map to open the “dots” on the maps in new windows? I know I can now click a dot, click a name and choose to open it in a new window, but I would love to skip one click and go straight to the profiles and check them out.

Also it would be fun to be able to write eachother messages, not ONLY requests at the moment. I mean sometimes you just want to get to know other fellow couchers.

1 Like

+1 for this. Map pins should always open in a new tab (I’m using Couchers on desktop firefox).