Bicycle-touring specific features

Some friends swear by komoot for that purpose.
I myself rely on paper maps and get through bad roads by pure stubbornness and a healthy amount of complaining to no one in particular.

4 Likes

I find the topic of communities and tribes very interesting in the context of hospex. Some people definitely would join a specific community like warmshowers but not a general community like CS.

I donā€™t think it would be wrong to cater to such communities, and give them tools to grow a more ā€œgatedā€ communities, it is a bit how Trustroots started with their hitchhiking tribe, but then they opened up as they grew. This topic of gated communities in hospex could be experimented further.

I donā€™t think it would be wrong to have a more general community either, which I believe is where Couchers is headed, according to the original couchers mission statement (ā€œLike couchsurfing but betterā€). I think here Couchers should stick to this original vision of trying to mostly re-create couchsurfing, which I think is already original enough within the landscape of hospex and hard-enough to accomplish (and pardon me if Iā€™m being repetitive).

5 Likes

Looks like thereā€™s quite some development offering specific solutions for touring. I think these sites havenā€™t been shared on the forum so farā€¦

https://cycleplanet.org