Couchers and environmentalism?

How presumptuous to establish that someone “wants to preempt this discussion”… I firmly believe that we should definitely have a very strong stance on environmentalism by prioritizing potential guests who clearly define these values as their own, even promoting volunteering while they stay as guests

For context, we had been talking about the topic for quite some time during the social event before this thread began :innocent:

3 Likes

I think as many others here that the main thing with Couchers should be to host each other, all this other discussions, even as they are important, shouldn’t be an objective of this group. There are other venues for this subjects. Lets concentrate in the main goal of this group: at host each other.

7 Likes

[quote=“Matrix, post:21, topic:1450, full:true”]
How presumptuous to establish that someone “wants to preempt this discussion”… [/quote]

It seems to me like a poor choice of words rather than being presumptuous, anyways let’s move on.

That sounds more like the idealism that you can see on Trustroots or Bewelcome, and for traveling by bike, WarmShowers is already functional. Personally I hope Couchers will “only” try to recreate CS and not put the cart before the horse on social issues. If Couchers were to grow as big as CS, and let’s hope even bigger, it would then have leverage to “make the world a better place, one couch at time”.

5 Likes