Weekly Online Event (Sunday)

Hey all! @n.spark suggested the brilliant idea of putting a google docs link as the location so that even if we change the meeting location, the link in this thread will always stay the same :slight_smile: If you have any other ideas for information to put on the doc that might be helpful, let me know.

Crap, totally forgot this yesterday evening… Well, I’ll try one of the next events. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Yes! Hope to see you next week!

Really noone there or is the link not working in my case?

The meeting starts in an hour :slight_smile:

Uups sorry, ok but than i am not shure i make it…

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

2 Likes

Hi @anon14140932! Well, we had mixed success running Jitsi for some of our attendees. With so many different internet speeds and time zones, we couldn’t always get it to work! :confused: I do like Jitsi, but moving to Zoom was a majority decision at the time.

1 Like

Hey thanks for another great social! Is there a way to see past events so we can add friends and write references, the whole community thing? Like, I only see 4 July when I look now, instead of who RSVP’d for the event that just happened (27/6). Otherwise I’ll hope to find them from the map search. Thanks!

2 Likes

Right now we have the weekly events set up as recurring events… once the event is past, it’s updated to the next recurrence and only this next event shows up in the calendar. The other approach would be to start a new topic for each event, but that has various downsides as well.

Maybe we’ll find a different solution if we research a bit how to best set up events in the long run. But for now that’s just as things are on the forum software and the limitations we have to live with.

2 Likes

Hey all! This event is starting in 30 minutes! Hope to see you there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi all! We have a minor scheduling conflict with this week’s social - I’m a huge football fan so I’ll definitely be watching the UEFA Cup final between England and Italy at the schedule social time :slight_smile: therefore I won’t be able to make it. Let’s have a quick poll to decide what to do, just for this week :slight_smile:

• Make it one hour earlier
  • Make it two hours later
  • Let’s just regroup next week and cancel this week
  • Don’t change the time, I don’t mind if less people come :slight_smile:

0 voters

For me the earlier the better :sweat_smile:

Hi everyone! We’ll do the meeting an hour early this week, so we’ll start in 1 hour from now!

2 Likes

This event is in 20 minutes! Hope to see you there :slight_smile: Launch Meeting - Zoom

2 Likes

Sorry everybody… I just habitually clicked the wrong button and ended the whole meeting :S

3 Likes

It’s ok Aapeli! Probably for the best… :smiley:

1 Like

Haha probably, yeah, otherwise we’d be chatting the rest of the day :rofl:

Hi all! This event begins in about 1 hour :slight_smile: Hope to see you there! Launch Meeting - Zoom

Hi all! This event begins in about 1
hour and 45 mins :slight_smile: Hope to see you there! Launch Meeting - Zoom

2 Likes