Weekly Online Event (Sunday)

Hi all!

This event is currently on hold due to lack of attendance :slight_smile: I can’t blame you, it’s summer and the weather (at least in Europe!) has been fantastic.

If anyone would like to start the Sunday night event up again, please comment here. You are welcome to change the time or even the day, as long as you commit to doing it every week - or, if we have multiple people interested, maybe we could rotate the hosting. Let me know if anyone is interested.

6 Likes

That’s some slick RSVP feature! :sunglasses::sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Nov 8, 12pm–but what time zone?

1 Like

It shows local time zones, so the time shown for you is the local time where you are

2 Likes

Courtesy of @nolo himself!

3 Likes

Any way to turn this into a recurring event I can add to my calendar?

2 Likes

Yes, we can set it up as a recurring event. But it might not work so reliably when we change dates and times. Guess the safer approach would be to set up a calendar with specific dates and times elsewhere and just add the subscription link to the events on the forum.

1 Like

Yes, a shared Google Calendar could be VERY useful.

3 Likes

mouse-over the ´beginning´ time for a list of alternatives

You can find that calendar here! It will be updated accordingly to whatever online event we are doing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

SUPER - Thanks!

Just a note, that you may need to unmute your microphone when you arrive because can activate it by default.

1 Like

So… they lifted the restrictions here (finally) so I´m co-hosting the weekly (socially distanced and outdoor) meeting again, I´ll try to come say hi before going out, but not sure =(

6 Likes

I try my best to be awake till then but I dose off.

Is there no way we can change the time of the meeting? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Maybe we should shift the time of the meeting every week? Or maybe we can use two times, twelve hours apart. In even weeks: 21UTC. In odd weeks: 9UTC. Or maybe shifting 8 hours is better then everybody has a chance to see each other over time and availability to attend is more fairly spread.

1 Like

100% agree. 7am on a Monday morning is really not a good time for me :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@Emily do you think we could go back to offering 2 meeting times per week?

@gab and @Push-K have you filled out the survey above to let us know what times are available? Emily and I will try to find something that accommodates more people!

Given the current amount of people joining the weekly meetings I do not think having it more frequent is a good idea.

This was my thought too. In the other time zones I’m not seeing enough interest to warrant another meeting time. In any case, my schedule is getting hectic with the holidays coming up, so it’ll be something to discuss in January for me.

Anyone at all can host an event, and I encourage any of you who can’t come to the one scheduled to open a thread or organize one that suits you better! I’ll be there if I can make it :slight_smile: happy to help you set it up if you need help.

2 Likes