Why did you sign up for Couchers.org?

I had been a member of CS for last 10 years with more than 115 + references until CS decided to delete my profile because I mentioned another platform. Maybe there were other reasons for sure. I have coupled of times raised by concern about people who were looking to gain money through hangout events. They blocked me and I was the one who got the warning email. Even though initially I rarely used CS but I met amazing people along the way and when I moved abroad, I started hosting people and surfed few couches. I dont lie that when CS deleted my profile, it kind of broke my heart. I remained delusional and kept texting them to give and ask for an explanation. I met some very strange people but most importantly, I met some amazing people who are still my friends. I long for a platform when I could meet people again, host again and even be hosted. I want to contribute again and be a part of a community which isn’t greedy and open barriers for other people rather than close it due to monetary gains. I dont mind paying to verify my profile ( My profile was verified in CS) but there should be a better way to treat people especially who have been hosting so much. I believe with Couchers, I can start again to meet cool people and have new adventures together and make long lasting friendships.

4 Likes

As @andjmndj said at the top, it’s because I want to be part of the community that is actively involved in creating a meaningful replacement for the magic that was CS in the early days. I´m terribly excited to see the early results of the efforts by brave pioneers, and hope to find an appropriate place to jump in and help push it forward.

2 Likes