External links feature

I couldn’t find a dedicated topic, but its just something I noticed when I click on a link from my own description it opens the link on my current couchers tab instead of a new browser tab.
Is this intentional?
If not, maybe we can consider this to be a default behavior unless otherwise implemented or specified in the textbox markup.

3 Likes

Personally I hate when link opens new tab - if I want to open it in a new tab I’ll use mouse scroll to click on it or will select option open in new tab from context menu.

1 Like

I think we have to consider the user’s experience, here. Studies show that many web users suffer of what is called “hamster memory”, so if the site is taking them to a different site when following a link they might not come back to the original website.
That’s the reason why normally external links are opened in a different tab, and I would consider it best practice, so the issue reported by Vrankela should be addressed imho.

3 Likes

I always have external links open in a new tab for this reason when putting websites together.

1 Like