Community Builders wanted! :)

Hello @Emily
Thank you for your kind words.
Sure we can try to connect - depending on my work&travel assignments.

I think it is important to take what was existing sometime and worked excelente.

Have a good night/day…

Hugs Pascal

A “community” like Europe-Africa-MiddleEast is not going to be very useful, I think.

It seems better to start with smaller regions, maybe something like “Scandinavia”. I could take care of that for a while.

1 Like

I’d like to start a community for Russia. Is it better to write to the email on the dashboard, or here is ok?
Ideally, could it be “Russian-speaking community” instead of just Russia?

1 Like

Completely agree and was just thinking this. We need smaller continents or regions. I like the idea of Scandinavia!

3 Likes

I’ve always considered volunteering and doing something like this, but since I don’t ever live “downtown” or in a hotspot, it feels wrong and I feel those more central would be opposed.

1 Like

Well I’m no expert, but I do live downtown and in a hotspot for my country, and I love to find locals from other places involved and commited to grow the community. I really respect them because I know it’s harder for them than it is for me (begin a big city where every traveler passes through makes it easier for me). People from smaller cities were the ones that hosted the last couch crashes in here. They are amazing and very valuable community leaders :purple_heart: You should go for it!!!

4 Likes

I’m so excited to see so many other people excited about community-building here! I am also looking forward to building out the community here in Madison and Wisconsin as a whole! I feel like a lot of couch-surfers lost touch after the paywall went up but it shouldn’t be that hard to regroup.

2 Likes

I’m a bit confused: can I edit/delete discussions that I created? I’ve opened a topic on city groups, but then realized I should have put more explanations.

Twice I filled out that form to voulneer, never heard any reply. Then I emailed, and no reply. ???

2 Likes

I’m not sure if anyone reached out to you yet @GoLeo, but I thought I would add this response from another thread here for anyone in a similar situation.

“There is currently a backlog of communities that need to be created. Unfortunately the process is currently a complicated, manual process. We’re working to get through the backlog and will reach out to you soon once your community has been created!”

2 Likes

Hi, community building is about creating events, attending other people’s events, and these two things i dont see happening much lately.

Personally I can volunteer to develop the community of Limassol and Athens maybe. As I itend to travel, i will create events to the destinations as we used to do in couchsurfing too.

Any other ideas? I am based both in Athens and cyprus. I dont want to do this alone so i search for permanent or nomad residents in these two places to organize regular events. I dont see much interest though. shall i continue alone or give up entirely?