Encourage people to fill in their profiles

There are some people who just haven’t got around to filling out their profiles but would still gladly host someone (if they were willing to take the risk of staying with someone with an empty profile!) I know several of these people in my own city (and I’m still trying to get them to fill out their profiles! :joy:)

But I agree that we should have an easy filter to show only active members, members with filled-out profiles, and continue to encourage people to fill out their profiles!

I don’t understand your rage. I know quite some people who were/are very active on Couchsurfing, but have empty or almost empty profiles on Couchers - because they are not sure if this platform will work. Delete all those accounts… yeah, sounds super helpful for the website.

I also don’t think those profiles should be hidden. There are not too many people right now, and a person with an empty profile might be better than nothing.

I do agree with @Jesse about filters - that would be useful. “Has a photo”, “filled in About me”, “has at least one reference”, “was last active …”. I guess it’s not very urgent though, because now it’s still possible to go through profiles manually.

1 Like

Ha, ha, ha. You are too funny. Rage? No…no rage. Hardly something to get enraged about. “Be ruthless!” is just a common expression…as in don’t piss about doing something half-arsed.

Is no one permitted to express opinions on this forum that differ from your viewpoint?

No…I just questioned the value of having search results display around 70-80% empty profiles. If you don’t consider that a problem, that’s fine.

Is no one permitted to express opinions on this forum that differ from your viewpoint?

Anyway, I shall now bit farewell to this wee forum.
With love,
Sam