When I scroll through the Map, it seems to me that the vast majority of profiles for users in the beta do not have a lot of info on them. I was thinking on how to nudge people to have more info on their profiles. Some ideas I had were:
- Show a progress bar that slowly fills if the profile is filled in more.
- Compliment the user for filling in their profile. Maybe a “You look great!” pop-up thing when you upload a profile picture?
- Ask more specific questions. I am personally very bad at answering the ‘tell me something about yourself’ question, so I would be more motivated if I get to answer more specific questions.
- Show a pop-up urging you to filll in more stuff on your profile if your profile is empty
- Immediately redirect users to the profile edit page and urge them to fill things in on first login
- Filter out/give lower search rank to users with minimal profiles when searching, and notify users with minimal profiles of this fact
Do you have more ideas or opinions about these suggestions?