First Couchers.org Online Event

Hi all, though it was already discussed in another thread, just wanted to post a link here in case you haven’t seen it.

We’ll be having two online events next Wednesday/Thursday, and everyone is welcome. I know the times will not accommodate everyone just yet, but there’s an option to let us know when is good for you on the form.

Register your interest here!

3 Likes

I have just sent the invites to the event to all participants of both time slots.

The first event will be taking place at 2pm EST / 8pm CET / 4am AEST, which is September 30th for those of you in the US and Europe and October 1st for those of you further east. (This event has 14 participants so far!)

The second event will be taking place at 8pm EST/ 2am CET / 10am AEST, which is still September 30th in the US but October 1st for Europe and eastward. (This event currently has 28 participants!)

If you’d like to join and haven’t signed up, it’s not too late - sign up here!

For those of you who cannot make it to either of these times slots, depending on interest and how we go, we will probably change the day/time of the next event :slight_smile: Bear with us as we try this out!

Looking forward to chatting with some of you on Wednesday/Thursday!

Hi @Emily, I haven’t received any invite. Thanks to resend it :slight_smile:

I think you’ll have received it now! Thank you for your interest!

1 Like

Looking forward!

1 Like

Thanks to everyone who came to the events today! It was really awesome to meet some of you face to face and hear a bit about what brought you to the project. I hope you enjoyed meeting each other, too.

For the next events, my plan is to base them around topics of interest. I’ll plan these a bit further out in advance so that you can have a look and see what’s on and when.

Some sample topic ideas…

• Hello Hangouts! - did you use hangouts? why/why not? Would you want a hangouts type feature to exist on couchers.org?
  • What’s In Our Name - how do you feel about the name “couchers.org”? What were your first impressions?
  • All About Hosts - chat about what you expect from hosts, what you offer/do as a host, and how the hosting experience can be improved
  • All About Guests - chat about your past experiences with guests, talk about what it’s like being a guest
  • The Forums - what they are, how we’re using them, and why you should be a part of them!
  • Welcoming Baby Alpha - What is the alpha? Have you tried it? What were your thoughts? What do you want to see on the beta?

Feel free to add some other discussion topics if you have any ideas you’d like to talk about “in person” with the volunteers or other community members. I’m interested to hear what you all are most interested in.

Note: We don’t have to do discussions every time either. We can also play games, just chat, or have smaller group meetings about hitchhiking, TV shows, cats, etc, too. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I like the idea of constructive discussions to keep moving the project forward, but also would love to have additional virtual events like trivia or maybe charades?

1 Like

Love the idea! Wouldn’t have the slightest clue how to organize it but I’m sure it can be done :slightly_smiling_face:

On a similar theme, this could be quite fun to play in a group - https://skribbl.io/

Not exactly charades but more like pictionary!

1 Like

I just wanted to say thanks to @Emily for being such a nice host :purple_heart: and to all the team for the wonderful work they are doing.

4 Likes

Thank you! I was really excited to see you in person, well, kinda! It’s nice to put a face to names I think. I’m working out the schedule for a regular event so stay tuned.