• So-so
  • Could be much better
  • Unbearable!

0 voters

How do you feel about the forum?

Please share your thoughts, praise and criticism in this topic! :partying_face:

1 Like

Its great!

If someone also doesnt like reporting: There is an option to privat message the creator instead of redflagging it!

1 Like

Okay, who voted unbearable? :stuck_out_tongue: And why? And also, if it’s so unbearable, why stick around? Just curious!

2 Likes

Just want to mention that we’ve only closed one thread and that was because the conversation went off topic. You are always welcome to start a new thread on the topic or based off a reply in that thread. Moderators are here to steer the conversation, and I think everyone here is open to hearing different opinions. Just trying to keep things tidy!

1 Like

So far we also removed two posts and I agree there is currently no good option to publicly argue against that. We could have a dedicated category for having removed posts open to discussion? Though if the post was removed because someone else was attacked, they might be against having it public.

1 Like

I did not see @anon46748786 attacking one special person and i have to agree with him, i also didnt like a moderator removing his post.

@anon46748786 will you still stick with couchers? Or you use cs, bc thats not better option… ? I also feel me being different here. still i think your opinion is really important bc it differes! You challange them :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I totally agree with @anon46748786, I was just threatened to have my post erased because @nolo’s opinion was different than mine! That’s rather authoritarian!!

2 Likes

We have to use a set of rules (that includes post deletion), and unfortunately there’s no way to make a set that everyone will be happy with. We hope we can make an environment for healthy dialogue that will naturally include disagreement, however not all opinions are welcome (for instance anything discriminatory). We will work on making rules consistent and transparent.

3 Likes

I think that’s the right direction in general and we will be heading towards a distributed setup. But for the moment, we have around 20 Members, of which 4 are currently moderators and several more in the moderation volunteer group. Personally, I can’t see much point in taking pretence actions.

Also, moderation right now means for the biggest part participating in the volunteer group on how to set up and adjust moderation for the forum and the hospex platform. There’s actually not much moderation of content happening on the forum. (maybe you feel different, @anon46748786, because a lot of it is about your posts and flags :innocent: )

Somewhat similar to the legal framework for the project, I believe there is more to loose than gain in rushing structural decisions. (The legal status of Couchers)

1 Like

Haha, we should think of some Guerilla badges then, rewarding everyone succesfully operating in shadow flag warfare! :sunglasses:

1 Like

This is a very old thread but I wanted to hijack it to mention how much I’m enjoying using the forum software! It’s called Discourse, right? I love it! :heart: I’ve only been here for a few weeks, but all discussion features and the UI have me really impressed. Plus bookmarking! Automatically saved (and organized) drafts! And it’s so easy to catch up on topics.
Good job choosing this! :+1:

6 Likes

Yep, it’s Discourse! I love it too. I’ve been here since the beginning and it never gets boring :slight_smile:

4 Likes

There are almost always a few (or at least one) in the crowd who will pick the “worst” (“unbearable”), or downvote :-1:, just to be spiteful. I wouldn’t worry about it… unless they write a valid explanation later, but that doesn’t seem likely as the Forums seem to have started out well and no doubt will get even better with time.

1 Like

Just realizing your Q was from almost a year ago. :woman_facepalming: :flushed:

1 Like