Hey guys! I’m aware that we already had a Hangouts vs Events thread, but I’d like to specifically focus on Hangouts and gather ideas/encourage debate on how we can improve it as a feature.
Some of the biggest pain points mentioned for this particular feature are:
- People are flaky
- People don’t respond fast enough
- People sometimes don’t respond at all
- Notifications were wonky
- Having a group in Hangouts ended up with no one saying anything inside + ensuing awkwardness
- Spam/harassment “Hi bby”
Some suggestions I’ve come across are:
- Limit the number of active Hangouts at a time (is 1 too restrictive? What’s a good number?)
- Possibly lowering a user’s community score when they flake
- Reporting feature
- Preventing people with community score lower than 30/100% from becoming active
- Incorporating reviews for Hangouts
Did I miss out anything? Do you have thoughts on any of these ideas or new ones we should consider? Discuss away!