Hi everyone! We’ve just rolled out the latest release with a tonne of exciting new things, including the first bit of events, our new Community Guidelines, and a bunch of other stuff!!
List of biggest new features and significant bug fixes:
- Events: released the first part of events, a read-only display of events created by moderators, more coming soon
- Community Guidelines: we’ve added some brief Community Guidelines to help us build a safe and fun community together!
- Signup: completely redesigned the signup flow to make it easier and more intuitive
- References: we now send hosts and surfers reminders to write references after hosting experiences
- Profile: replaced sexes (e.g. female) with genders (e.g. woman) after feedback from the community on the forum
- Settings: added the user’s username on the settings page
- Admin: implemented a first set of admin tools for moderators and the support team
- Profile: the avatar upload no longer requires you to scroll down and click “Save” to save the avatar
- Requests: we fixed a host/surfing request ordering bug which possibly hid some requests for users with more than 10 requests of a given type
- Signup and settings: we fixed a bug that was preventing users from signing up or changing their password
- Profile: your visited and lived regions are now sorted
- Backend: we did a whole lot of code refactoring under the hood, so things should be a bunch more solid and future-proof now!
Please go try it out on the app: https://app.couchers.org