Post pandemic plans

As the Covid-19 troubles seem to become manageable in a few months my wife and I are planning to Interrail and couch-surf through Europe at the end of Summer. We already posted some requests. The planning is part of the fun!

I am curious about what beautiful plans you all have. Did Corona change your couch-surf behavior?

5 Likes

the summer will be over before we are vaccinated.

I’m probably going to return to the US to get vaccinated and visit family. From there I might road trip or try train traveling all the way west to Vancouver. Would love to meet other couchers on the way. :sunglasses:

I’m sorry to hear that return to normal will be slow for your country, @pelgrim. Do you expect to be able to travel domestically at least?

1 Like

since a few weeks we’re allowed again to travel for vacation, but I consider it unwise to do so.
Inside our country, no problem, but it’s Belgium is such a tiny country …

5 Likes

Here in Australia, w e are allowed and encouraged to travel across the country. Airfares are subsidised , so there is good value. We are an old couple, so have been vaccinated.

Our plans are mostly to visit family and friends we didn’t see for a while. Some of the friends are people we met through another hospitality group.

We will stay in apartments, and meet up for meals.Canberra first, then Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast.

I’ll look up to see if any Couchers are in those places to arrange some meets.

3 Likes

Exciting indeed! I suggest also checking plans at the very last moment, as the situation has been fluctuating and likely to keep doing so. For instance, I am in Holland and my trip to Portugal has been cancelled 2 weeks ago as I can’t spend 14 days in quarantine in one location upon arrival…while I can get into the south of Italy in 2 weeks no problem. Double check the press releases and have a wonderful time :)!

2 Likes

The plan for the summer is to around BC doing different Workaways, hike and camp in between, get vaccinated, then see how international travel is.

2 Likes

As an American expat in China, it would appear that if I were to leave China to visit the US or just travel in general, I would host likely get locked out of China as I heard the return procedures are constantly changing everyday. Plus, summer flights appear to be quite expensive compared to before. So, during my upcoming summer holiday, I will probably just travel within China. In particular, I am thinking to possibly visit the Inner Mongolia province of China.

1 Like

My travel plans are for after summer, I’m planning to go on a 2-year-trip starting September but I don’t have a lot of money so hitchhiking and couch surfing is gonna be the way to go :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like