I am thinking about feature to ‘promote’ less known destinations or hosts who do not live in typical tourist destinations, capital cities, etc. These hosts gets less requests because they are usually ‘less visible’. It would be nice to have some tools how to help them find a surfer/visitor too.
Here are some examples of situations I am thinking about:
- a host live in less attractive destination (more far from a tourist destination) and wants to get more requests
- a host live in a city without local community and and wants to offer different experience couch surfers even don’t know they can have
- a host have a time specific window when he can offer hosting
- sometimes a traveler want to visit experience ‘local lifestyle’ in countryside (or outside of tourist destination) but they do not know where exactly to go.
- a traveler or road trip is looking for places on the way (going from point A to point B but they could choose route according to some hosts on the way who could host them in between)
My idea how to solve it:
- make a feature similar as ‘public trip’ feature but for hosts. Some place where they could post they are looking for a surfer at some specific area, specific time, etc. This could be for example in a community page (someone from country side could post this to a nearby community of a city or to a countrywide community)
What do you think? Do you have other ideas how to help people to connect in these situations?