Secret Santa!

That’ll work! (I can use a friend’s address)

Though when I mentioned being able to $end two or a few :gift:, I meant to different people.

Are new users not able to immediately direct message people? Because I just created an account but don’t see a Message option on people’s user cards like the screenshot @nolo posted above…

4 Likes

Ah yes! You’ll have to browse and enter just a few topics on the forum, then you’ll be promoted to the ‘basic’ trust level and should be able to message others. Let us know if that doesn’t work!

For more detail: Understanding user trust levels

In any case… Welcome to the community! :blush:

1 Like

@Vagabonder yeah, I understand you meant different people :slight_smile: I just see that some are very careful about sharing their data, so I want to make sure everyone is ok with Santa giving extra addresses.

@jia welcome!

1 Like

I am trying to figure out how to ship my package later so I thought I am gonna ask how are you guys shipping yours.

A) including your return address (but then it won’t be a secret anymore)
B) no return address (but risking dead mail)

There will always be ZIP code, State/Country on the mail no matter the choice.
Some of us (including me) have our Couchers profile connected with the forum and our location is already known so whoever gets Secret Santa from these people can easily put one and one together and know who the sender is anyway.
Thoughts/solutions?

Include a return address, but ask the recipient not to look at it!

1 Like

Including of course. I mean, I thought the secret was a secret until you receive the package :blush:

3 Likes

I don’t think I can legally send mine without a return address :smiley: But yeah maybe I will use a fake name??

Well, the Santa I played was not that secret. I mean, if you were to give the gift in person, you wouldn’t wear a mask or sth, right :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: When you get the present, you get to know who your Santa was, of course. Just not before that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the input! If my gift was more of envelope style, I could probably drop it off in the mailbox anonymously but my package happens to be of a larger size and I will definitely be going to the post office and sending it with the return address as required. Glad to hear I won’t be spoiling fun. Cheers!

2 Likes

I posted mine this afternoon!

3 Likes

Maybe this would be helpful - yesterday I was told you can’t send anything plant- or animal-based internationally, and that includes tea, berries, honey and all such stuff. Not sure how universal it is, but I feel it’s not just my country. If you had anything like that in mind, check first!

1 Like

Has anyone else posted or received theirs yet?

I have everything prepared but I haven’t shipped mine yet. In my case it should take 1-3 business days to receive so I didn’t want to be too early.

1 Like

Ok, I’m not the most organized Santa. Was hoping to send mine today, but Russian post is full of surprises haha. Will try again tomorrow

But yeah, guys, @gjw is right, try to send it soon!

1 Like

Finally managed to finish it just now, will be going to the post office first thing in the morning. Hopefully it isn’t delayed too much on its way… :no_mouth:

1 Like

Yayy finally mailed mine. It should still be a bit early, if the calculations of the post here are correct

1 Like

Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 12.22.20 PM

Mine was supposed to be delivered 2 days ago so I hope the recipient got it alright. Merry Christmas!

1 Like

Who-hoo! I just got my Secret Santa from Turkey :slight_smile: @emily did amazing job fulfilling my wishes!! Thank you SO MUCHl!! Can’t wait to taste everything I found in the package! What a treat :heart:… I tried to shoot you a selfie with the necklace but unlike others your profile doesn’t have a message button. Thank you, girl!! Merry Christmas!!! :christmas_tree: :gift: :confetti_ball:

1 Like