Secret Santa!

Aaa so cool!! Mind showing it to us?))

Iā€™m so glad you liked your gift!! :slight_smile: The post office told me it would take a month but it only took 10 days, amazing!!! :smiley:

1 Like

Hope Emily wonā€™t mind but since we have a curious member here :slight_smile: I am going to share. I gave my Secret Santa a couple of recommendations and one of them was tea or any other hot beverage and I received this Turkish tea and Turkish coffee and as a bonus a jewelry from a local artist. I already started to drink the tea :tea: Loved everything and indeed I am very impressed by the speed of Turkish post! Thank you Emily and I hope the rest of you receive your gifts very soon as well!

4 Likes

Itā€™s actually kinda crazy to see a picture of the items so soon after sending them!! Iā€™m so glad you liked everything, and let me know if you need any tips for tea/coffee prep! :smiley:

1 Like

Anyone else received theirs yet?

Surely the person I sent mine to has received theirs? I sent it weeks ago!

1 Like

Havenā€™t gotten anything yet, and unfortunately donā€™t have a tracking number to check if my package already arrived at itā€™s destination yet eitherā€¦

I wonder if Iā€™m gonna get a Secret Santa present :smiley: Whoever had me must not love me very much!! Just kidding. But watch out, Iā€™ll get you.

That said, no hard feelings. It can be expensive to mail things here. And the packages half the time get lost. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Oh no! I am sad to read this. I hope it comes sooner or later. I am sure whoever your Secret Santa is, they didnā€™t forget about you :heart:

1 Like

Hey, I received my sweet :lollipop::candy::chocolate_bar: Christmas gifts from my secret :shushing_face: santa :santa: and will be mailing him something someday soon! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank You! :blush:

2 Likes

I have yet to go and receive mine because I ended up leaving home for Christmas :(. I hope itā€™s there and delivered to my housemate when I get back in about a week!

2 Likes

Hey guys, I guess itā€™s time for Santa to retire until next christmas! :wave:

I know some of you havenā€™t received their gifts and am terribly sorry for that :cry: The post these days appeared to be more unreliable than I thought.

So we will delete the @santa account to purge all private information shared over the forum.
If you have any questions, you can still write to @phaula.

6 Likes

I hope my secret santa recipient gets his :gift: soon. Guess itā€™ll be a belated Christmas gift thatā€™s more like a Valentines gift.

3 Likes

The gifts I sent never arrived. And I never got one in return! I hope someone, somewhere has found them and is enjoying themā€¦

I would have needed a tracking number to get mine, the Turkish post is not reliable enough to get anything delivered. I probably should have mentioned that when I signed up to participate, ahaha.

So we did learn this all for next year, track and trace numbers required.
However, thatā€™s not reliable in my case.
I sometimes buy packages from online webshops and despite the track and trace code say that itā€™s delivered, itā€™s not always the case.

Any how, I am looking forward to next year, hopefully I can participate next year as well.

1 Like

Same here - Nothing arrived here, and I donā€™t think the one I sent arrivedā€¦ I still have some hope that it just got held up in customs and will get through eventually, though. So far itā€™s only two months, and last month I got a package that had been stuck in transit since June. :sweat_smile:
Unfortunately, sending it with tracking would have doubled the (already substantial) porto, so I didnā€™t. :frowning:

Lolz, late last year I received a postcard that had been mailed around the beginning-middle of 2020.

1 Like

Omg, then thereā€™s still some hope for all our parcels :joy:

3 Likes

I think anything you send abroad gets issued a customs code that they canā€™t charge extra for. Usually it is enough for international tracking :slight_smile: It doesnā€™t update you or anything but you can use it to check in on the package (at least if you sent it by public post/national post office).

1 Like