Secret Santa!

Woo! Mine arrived today! Thanks sender!

7 Likes

Omg… I got my christmas package now!! :partying_face: :christmas_tree: Haha, how long did this take…like 4 months? Just a bit early for Easter :rabbit:

I love all the items :heart: and the hand-drawn stickers are absolutely amazing! Thanks so much to my santa :hugs: :hugs:

5 Likes

Are we going to try to do this again this year?

2 Likes

I would have loved to but I never got my present from last year :frowning: @phaula, any interest in organizing it?

2 Likes

Time to right that wrong @Emily!

1 Like

Let’s do it! I want another present! :smile: :partying_face:

I think I read there’s actually a component for supporting a secret santa exchange. Will look into it next week!

this time I read it in time, so YES, count me in, I want to participate as well wit this years secret Santa!

1 Like

Because no one did take the initiative yet, @santa will take it this year.
Since we are late this year, he will send the messages out around X-mas time itself.

The rules will be the same as last year tough:

• Drop a line about what you like or collect, your hobbies and interests. If you like, eat or drink something, it’s also worth mentioning, just be creative here, send it all to @santa .
  • Choose the gift and send it to the recipient that @santa gives you.
  • Enjoy the (belated) x-mas gift!

The prices are at your own discretion just don’t make it too expensive so you can join in next year as well.

5 Likes

That’s great! Thank you @richee for volunteering as this year’s Santa! I edited the user profile a bit, cause there’s only one @santa :slight_smile: Also, just as last year, we’ll remove all private mail addresses after the exchange by entirely removing the account again.

1 Like

Count me in, if not too late. Been monitoring the forum since mid October ))

2 Likes

Hi :slight_smile: This is a great idea <3 I am also joining ! :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

@santa you know I’m in.

1 Like

I am soo excited to know how it is !!!

1 Like

The messages have been send out now.
Sorry for who still wanted to participate, however, I didn’t want to wait any longer.

Please everybody who did participate, try to send your present as soon as possible so everybody will get it as soon as possible.

Thank you all for participating this year.

1 Like

Hi, whoever is sending me something this year, my name is Graeme. Address in Bramdean, UK. Please can you add my name to the envelope? Otherwise, I won’t receive it.

2 Likes

I also requested for my name to be included. But in case Santa won’t send the message to you in time, I will share it here. If you received a person from Oeiras, Portugal or FPO, AE, USA, it is me (Michaela Morales). I need to sign or show ID for the majority of mail I receive on my Portuguese address, and for diplomatic/military mail is best to include my name as well (as I am not even sure if they would allow an anonymous package to be received). Thank you very much and merry Christmas to all :slight_smile:

1 Like

@gjw and @michaela your names are send to the senders as well.

Forgive me for this inconvienience as I try to be respectfull to privacy.
I know this simetimes gets me in trouble.

Hope it all works out great now.

1 Like

I did send out my package yesterday, hope you get it soon, however I guess it will take till next year to arrive :rofl: (in a few days it’s already next year)

I did get a message today from the post-office, my package has arrived, however for some reason I need to pay import taxes. However when it’s a present, I shouldn’t pay import taxes, so I complained, hope it gets trough soon.
Whoever did need to send to Belgium, please be patient, when I receive it, I will let it know.
Thanks in advance already.

unfortunately not always true. I vividly remember when I was expecting and my husband’s family would send me some baby stuff from US to EU. I always ended up paying for it. I found online (not sure if it’s still up to date), that in Belgium (and probably the entire Europe) gifts between 45 EUR and 150 EUR are subject to VAT charges (typically 21%). So if your sender is outside of EU and the gift is let’s say 50 EUR worth- you pay. I hope you get your resolution.

My package is currently on it’s journey across Atlantic Ocean and I hope the recipient enjoys it sooner or later :slight_smile:

Are we going to have this event again this year?
Suggest the Santa account on Couchers instead of in the forum so more people can send message to him and join this event.

1 Like