When is the mobile app to be expected?

I know this probably asked a lot, but I could not find information on this, roadmpa or anything like that. Grateful for any clarification.

1 Like

They are planning to do this, however the site isn’t yet fully finished, all are volunteers and trying their best.
Also, but I am not really sure, they might not have (enough) people with the knowhow to create apps.

2 Likes

There is also another concern, already seen on CA and WS: the web app and the mobile app may have different capabilities. So user of only one would find themself defrauded by their right if on their platform do not have all features.

There is currently a framework for a mobile app but not enough people to build it. Although we are constantly recruiting volunteers, it would be absolutely amazing if you know anyone with capacity who could join our volunteers team :slight_smile: we all need to do our part to spread the word! :innocent:

2 Likes

Will spread the word.

Are we talking about a native mobile app ? Could we, in the meantime, set up the required manifest file to turn the website into a progressive web app ?
(See the MDN doc on progressive web apps)

Progressive web app are evil, because they decide what to display according random hints (such not recognizing that they are running in a window inside a large screen, or not asking the user what is the minimal font size).

At this point, until that mobile is created, which will take months or years, I’d take an “evil” clunky progressive mobile app over no mobile app at all.

actually the evil one is not the “mobile app” but the adaptive web app. just to have an idea what i am talking about: use the web app and run it in a window of a big screen, playing with different size and shape of the window, and with zoom level, and see what happen.
On at least two other communities in certain sizes some informations are deliberately [by the programmers, not by the user] not shown, including very important ones.