Couchers.org platform alpha

I tried using an old link to sign up and I got the “Invalid Token” warning. However, it still shows all the fields for sign up. Might be better to redirect the user back to the sign up page to get a new token.

1 Like

maybe we could add a script (regex) to accept all cases (literally :sweat_smile:)?
i don’t mind doing it

when I look at my friend requests I see your user number instead of name.
for example, that is @itsi :slight_smile:
and @aapeli you’re number 1!

Thanks @ben, we’re aware of the messed up friends page and are working on it! Link to issue for devs.

I love hosting weirdos and freaks <3
if you can respect a dog pronouns, why not a persons?

3 Likes

In theory my user name is robhorner, I know the email I’m using and I know the password but it comes up with “not recognised” when I try to log in to the https://app.couchers.org/

Do I have to register again here?

Yes, the alpha has a completely separate account system.

We hope to unify the two logins later, but during the alpha, it will be separate!

We just rolled out a few updates on the app, including updating the messaging screen a bit so you can now create group chats.

We know the messaging functionality is broken at the moment, the preview messages are wrong, and it doesn’t load old messages, and so on. We’ll be fixing that up as soon as we can!

2 Likes

We’ve updated the app! The main attraction is the revamped friends page thanks to awesome work by @lucas, and a bug reporting tool (look for the spiky bug in a red button in the top right corner). There’s been a number of other upgrade under the hood thanks to the rest of the dev team.

Fancy new bug reporting feature:

On desktop
On mobile

3 Likes

Also to all those who were having trouble signing up, the sign-up page should be much more helpful now.

2 Likes

I forgot my username (lame, I know), and I had no way to figure it out or recover it. Perhaps it can be included in the first email you get, like you can mention it somewhere there in case someone does the same.

By the way, I eventually remembered it because I’m not as dumb as I thought I was, though the username itself was dumb. So not sure if I’m originally dumb actually. :smiley:

1 Like

Just wanted to ask you guys, what would this do to a person’s community standing score, hypothetically? (I know it’s not incorporated into this version yet, but I was thinking about it…)

I rate them a 10, but I did not feel safe. Publicly, I say they were ok. Would the “I did not feel safe” carry a bigger weight than the “10” rating? Would the lack of detail in the reference have any impact?

Yes, the “I did not feel safe” would and should carry a bigger weight.

Unclear as to whether lack of detail in the reference would have an impact, though in my experience references that are less than 20-30 characters many times are either spam, fake, or have hidden problematics that can benefit from user review and forwarding to a Trust & Safety team for further analysis.

1 Like

Is there already an idea how to calculate standing by weighing different criteria? To me it seems that if the “felt safe” criteria is to carry a meaning it will have to stay visible on it’s own.

Hi guys! Currently the features in alpha don’t have any input from the user experience research yet. So the things you see/test will NOT be the final version - including this reference and computation for community standing etc. Do head over to the references thread for this discussion!

For example, I put in the sliding rating scale in the interface. Personally I think having a single number to rate someone is terrible! It’s just a placeholder for testing.

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your hard work! I’m quite optimistic with the way you’re dealing with the Couchers set up.
As per feedbacks, I love travelling solo and when doing that I used a lot the features of Events and Hangout the CS platform has.

Couldn’t find any of this there, so leaving these 2 suggestions here :v:

Cheers!

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, Angelo and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:
It’s not in the alpha, but there’s a discussion and a vote on it in Hangouts vs. Events. So if you’d like to see both implemented, check it out and cast your vote there! :+1:

Still unable to log in. Running Chrome on Windows 8.1 if that helps.