Introduce Yourself!

Hello. My name is Damian. I’m a student from Poland. This site is my first coachsurfing experience. Currently my main goal is to meet new wonderful people, find travel buddies, exchange experiences and surf, tho I’m pretty sure in future I’ll love to host wonderful souls. I’m studying law, working in sales. In this year I just started my journey with traveling and trully - I love it. I’m living in Poland - Łódź. If you’d like to get a tour guide just contact me in advance and I’ll find a day for you for sure, you’re also invited for a cup of tea or cacao.

Best luck for all of you!

8 Likes

George from Florida here. I love antiquing around the state and occasionally find it hard to find a place to stay. Easy going guy here. I am retired and a senior, so I hope that doesn’t put anyone off.

9 Likes

Hello everyone.

My name is Serap. I’m from Turkey. I’m a history teacher and I am studying master degree. I have been tutoring a student with autism spectrum disorder for the last 3 years. I am a backpacker and hitchhiker. trekking gives me peace. I love reading dystopian books. I like to go to concerts. Doing extreme sports makes me happy. I love meeting new people and learning new cultures. I am open to new experiences. I hope we have the opportunity to meet you anywhere in the world.

12 Likes

Excuse me. I don’t mean to impose, but…

:ocean: I am Jason, hello!

Originally from Baltimore, Maryland, I moved to San Diego, California in 2009. I’m currently living in Hillcrest, which sits just north of Balboa Park and the San Diego Zoo. I used to be an avid CS host, but you probably know the rest of that story already. And so here I am now on Couchers!

7 Likes

Hi everyone!
I am Bengisu -a food engineer who lives in Istanbul, Turkey. Working at quality department of a food manufacturer company, responsible for ensuring the quality standards for processed foods. I love to travel as a backpacker or a white-collar tourist depends on my mood and budget. No matter what, I never skip visiting museums and tasting local foods throughout my trips. Also enjoy meeting open-minded and friendly people.

p.s. For those who are close and interested, I am going to travel to Brussels, Bruges, Ghent and Amsterdam between 1st - 7th of May.

5 Likes

Hello! Graduated in ‘21 and am now living in Iowa, working as a graphic designer and trying to discern how I want to fit travel into my adult life. I did some travel with my college and absolutely loved the home stays, but I do not have experience with couch surfing, which seams to be different from most people on this site. As I was doing research on budget travel, backpacking, etc, and I found out how badly that service had ruined its relationship with the community, I was immediately intrigued by the coucher project as an alternative community.

I would love to be an active part in developing a travel loving, culture sharing community, and would especially love to see a healthy Midwest sub- community develop.

I have personal interest in learning from others about long term travel and semi- nomadic lifestyles, as I have the long term goal of eventually becoming location independent.

6 Likes

Hello everyone, my name is Kurt and I am from Lima Peru. I have experience hosting and meeting people from different parts of the world; I like to exchange my native Spanish and culture with those who are interested in meeting me. I am new to this platform and I hope I can help you in whatever you want, feel free to contact me! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi everyone. My name is Andres, I’m from Colombia, but I’ve been living in San Francisco for more than 3 years. After putting up with a lot of CS bs the last years, and looking for a different alternative, I found Couchers, and I really wish Couchers brings back what CS used to be more.

3 Likes

My name is Rikki,61 and a bit years of age and was an ex host on couchsurfing for about 7/8 years in which i hosted around 400 people and one dog. I hosted only females which i know will not be to everyones liking but that is what i did and i have to be honest and write i will do the same on this site as a host if allowed. I am pleased that you have started this alternative site and hope that you can make it grow and succeed. I still keep in contact with many i met through a facebook group of ex couchysurfers i started to try to keep the connection going,only about a fifth of the 400 still keep in contact but thats life. i hosted many late requests to me,many cancelled requests by other hosts,many groups of friends who woud not be accepted by other hosts but i NEVER would host party people…that was my line but i tried to help as many as was possible. had few poor/bad experiences compared to the many great humans that i met and have brilliant memories from people all around this planet and i hope they think the same of me. advice for anybody hosting is to go with your gut instinct,if the person who is requesting does not make time to ask any questions of you then i would consider avoiding hosting them as they are in my opinion just looking a bed/place nothing more. if you have trust issues i suggest you do not host or travel to a hosts home as that could end up messy…alla best.

2 Likes

Shalom all im Avibrahim (Avi) Im Jewish born in Muizenberg South Africa :south_africa: lived there until i was 7 then moved to Lod also known as Lydda in Israel approximately 15km outside (SW) of
Tel aviv Also im a wheelchair user
Now living in East London Alone with my 2 Dogs Gitu and Jitu and several rescue cats as i am a temporary foster carer for several small independent rescue centres here in London and home counties
Was on Couchsurfing for 4+ years with 100+ positive references but as soon as they started charging and locking ppl out of their accounts i decided to leave as the original concept was lost i found couchers.org by accident and thought id join and had a few couchers stay and find the concept here great as we are all here to exchange our language culture food and hospitality with strangers who are just friends we have yet to meet :grinning:
I look forward to either meeting all at an event or as a coucher at my house

2 Likes

Hi there pals and gals!

My name’s Alberto and I’m looking forward to connect with you here :slight_smile:

Is there any idea to make sub-groups about different hobbies, activities, movements and so on? A bit like BeWelcome and Couchsurfing already have, but, of course, better! :wink:

3 Likes

Yes, there sure is. That feature would come a bit later on but it’s absolutely in the plan. You can read more here: Localised or International Interest Groups

3 Likes

Hello everyone! * :wave: waving hi*

I’m Michael from California. Fresno-area, so not a lot for tourists to see around here except Yosemite, Kings Canyon, and perhaps the Underground Gardens.

I just joined today, and I’m excited to look around the forum & see everyone’s thoughts on couching/couchsurfing.

I think it’s great that so many thousands of people want to help others out through a simple act of letting someone rest in their homes for just a short while. Kudos to you!

Feel free to drop by my profile: Couchers.org Beta

4 Likes

Hello folks.
I’m Miha, 30m, from a small place in Europe, currently living in Zagreb, Croatia.
I used CS some years ago, hosted a surprising amount of people in a tiny town, until CS started going downhill - i quit when they started messing with the functionality of the website vs the app, as i did not have a fully functional smartphone back then (probably around 2015). Then i joined Trustroots and did not look around for a while, until recently i found Couchers, so here i am.

Anyway, my background is in research, field of computational physics. I have some experience in developing open source software in that field, which is algorithms for solving maths problems, but have never touched any online/app/UI stuff. Though i could give it a shot, let me know if needed.

Thanks for the efforts of everyone involved in this!
cheers

6 Likes

Hello
I am Serge from Edinburgh, Scotland.
I like running.
Cheers :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello, My name is Gwendolyn , I am from hong kong
I love traveling .
I used Cs some years ago and I really enjoy about that, It offered me a different opportunity get to know more different culture and friends ,
until CS start going downhill . I wquit when they started messing up .

1 Like

Elle, I’m very impressed you went back to couch surfing even after your terrible experience. You have true faith in people and I admire that!

Hello. I’m Rónán from the northwest of Ireland. I’m a musician and I’m setting off on something of a pilgrimage in March. Plan to explore the length and breadth of the Island of Britain on foot. Glad to be here!

4 Likes

Well, perhaps I jumped the gun and started replying to people before properly introducing myself… here I am to remedy that!

I’m Sonya - long time listener, first time caller :wink:

I have traveled a lot around Europe, but am looking to branch out and make more connections with people. I know I made the most meaningful connections of my life while studying abroad in Vienna, Austria way back in 2004 during college, but I have been yearning for more of those friendships based on sharing cultures and experiences.

4 Likes

Hi Cláudio! I’m Yun Ting from Taiwan:) heading to Paris in February 3-7th. Looking for the beautiful people to connect and host during the time. Will be so nice if you are available to meet. Thanks :pray:

1 Like