Introduce Yourself!

Hi, I’m Bagja from Indonesia, but currently in Istanbul Turkiye for couple months. I was an IT for animation company but changin lane to SMEs consultant 10 years ago.
I am looking forward to meeting everyone from Couchers. :star_struck::v:

Cheers!

3 Likes

Welcome!

Elizabeth Cantero

Hi! I am in Buenos Aires so whenever you want to come back you are welcome♥

Hi!!! My name is Micaela I am from Buenos Aires :wink: Argentina, I used to live in Rome because I am also italian but there I had roomates so I couldn’t do couching.
Now I live in the center of the city near everything and I am open to everyone who wants to visit one of the best cities in the world!
And no, I am not exaggerating, after 45 countries visited, 5 lived (london, rome, bologna, lima, tokyo) I can tell you Buenos Aires has nostalgic, romance, sleepless, friendly feelling I reccomend you to try at least once :heart::heart::heart: Hope to see you here or somwhere in the world where destiny meets the souls :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all. I’m in the USA, in the Raleigh, NC area. I long wanted to join CS, but didn’t like the pay-to-play aspect. When I heard of Couchers, I joined right away (last year). Then silence until this week, when I had 2 separate parties request for next week. This will be an adventure!

@miwamicaela perfect timing! I hope to visit Buenos Aires again in the not-too-distant future. I don’t know if I’ll stay as a coucher, but I’d love to have people to visit! My father was from there, and I haven’t been since I was a kid. I’ve considered moving there for the Northern winter months, as I detest the cold. I also hope to reconnect with my family. I am no longer fluent in Spanish, so I’d hope to stay for a while to rebuild that.

It’s currently somewhat hard for me to travel, as I have 2 dogs that I don’t like leaving. So it’s more likely I’ll rent a dog-friendly place. As a result, for the time being, I only anticipate hosting couchers.

Feel free to check out my profile (same user name as the forums) for anyone interested in visiting this area. We don’t have a ton of scenery. The biggest reasons people come here are for university or to see basketball games–Duke University, UNC Chapel Hill, and NC State University are nearby.

2 Likes

Hello from New Zealand.
YES - we are open to welcome travelers again!
I live in Papamoa right next to the beach on the north island near Tauranga in the Bay of Plenty.
So, come over and enjoy a good time and drop in for a night or more at mine.
Chris

4 Likes

Hi there, I’m Benny from Austria (located close to Vienna), currecntly 34 years old.
I’m a sucker for foreign languages and study a bunch of different ones, focusing on mexican spanish though.
I’m a terribly bad traveller, I dislike organizing and all that. Therefore I’m not really frequently on the road, but if I am I like to use couchsurfing.
I’ve had a handful of surfers on my couch so far, all of them being great experiences.
I’m particularly interested in Mexico.
Much into all kinds of music, spirituality, reading & literature, gaming (both pc and board games), and so on.

Happy to get some people to know.

3 Likes

Do you always introduce yourself to new people by mentioning your sexual orientation @ChristianoReina? Asking for a friend.

Hi, I am Bob from San Francisco Bay Area, California. I love to travel, just came back from a 4 month trip to Brazil, Bolivia, and Colombia. Planning to go to Croatia and surrounding countries in May. I am active, likes to hike, enjoy nature, try local food, drinks, and always open to meet other fellow travelers and locals. Happy travels, everyone!

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Momo
from Morocco living in Milan
love hiking and travelling
my profile → elmomo

2 Likes

¡Hola! My nickname is Peru and as such I go. I’ve been a member of different hosp-ex platforms since 2011, and even though I’ve joined this one a bit over a year ago, I’m happy to take part on its community.

2 Likes

Hi all. a decade or so ago I hosted CS’ers in Vancouver. Now, after years in Peru where I had my own vegan restaurant I am back in Vancouver. It would be cool to reconnect with the people here!

1 Like

Hello! I’m a new member, have just joined an hour ago.
I’m from Indonesia, hopefully I get to meet new people from here, it’s nice to have friends to visit while I’m traveling, also to have friends visit me here :blush:

3 Likes

Hello from New Zealand and welcome to the community.
If your travels bring you down here - contact me.

2 Likes

Thank you for the welcome!
Would certainly be in touch if I ever go to NZ

1 Like

Hello from the Philippines! I’ve been with CS since 2009, and just discovered about couchers 2 days ago. :slight_smile: I hope this platform would thrive!

4 Likes

Welcome to our community.

Hi everyone,
my name is Julius, I’m from Vienna, Austria, and over the summer I’m backpacking here in the European heartlands.

I’m so glad, I came across couchers.org on reddit. The more I read about it’s philosophy (and the measures taken to build inclusivity and non-profit into it’s very DNA) the more I am sold on it! I am really curious where the project stands at the moment, since both on the blog and in the forum there seems to be less activity lately.

If you want, you can check out my profile here:

Maybe we are somewhat close and could meet during the next weeks. I’d love that!

As for the couchers.org project: I’d love see it thrive!
I’m happy to give feedback, to spread the word, and - if needed - I can facilitate/mediate/support teams in their collaboration efforts.

I’m so looking forward to create new life-changing experiences with you.
Julius

4 Likes

Hi! I am Ramazan from the capital city of Turkey, Ankara . I explored the couchers one week ago and got thrilled to participate in the project.

4 Likes

Hi Everyone,
My name is Patricia. I’m very new on using this platform and to the hospitality and traveler websites. I’m a remote worker and a new traveler.
I’ll be traveling to Las Cruces, New Mexico on August 17th and visiting for about 1 & 1/2 week. it’s a discovery trip to learn about the city, housing, public transportation and more. Seeking accommodations for myself only. I’m a non smoker(smoke bothers me), non drinker. Can I get some help in finding more persons in the area I’m interested in now?
I reached out to someone on this site in July, but they have not responded to me.
Thanks in advance for your help. Look forward to meeting new friends.

2 Likes