Nomadic, City, and Country ambassadors

I am a full time nomad. I have been backpacking / couchsurfing / housesitting for 4+ years and will continue to do so for some time. I hope we can build in a community for the nomads among us…

Also, I like the ambassador program CS and many others have had… Nomadic and City / country AMBS are a good thing IMHO

3 Likes

Welcome Jason!!! It’s great to have you here!!!

The topic of ambassadors / community leaders is an important one and I’m glad I brought it up. I changed the topic of this thread to “Nomadic, City, and Country ambassadors” to better reflect the topic you brought up.

Did you have any thoughts/ideas specifically about how it should work? Do you think it should be the same as on CS or different? Which things would you change / keep the same?

It’s worth mentioning we are currently looking for community builders, and you can read more about that here: Community Builders wanted! :)

I am CS ambassador. I think it’s good in general, but ambassadors should be choosen more strict. During last 2 years I saw a lot of ambassadors deleted because they violated rules. That time and before a lot was deleted being not active, instead of ask to remove status if they cannot be active. Also I met other ambassadors, some was weird, some ignore messages. I think if there is Ambassadors that represents community, this should mean more and this people should be choosen more careful.

2 Likes

Lol, you mean CS headquarters or Mike don’t want to deal with any kind of criticism and apply censorship? Most of great Ambassadors are already gone for a long time.

Problem with CS Ambassador program for me is that it seems like you’re representing the headquarters instead of the community. Ambassadors should be chosen by the local community, not by a manager who’s living 2000km away which has no idea what’s happening in the local community.

Too many shit happened with the program during last 15 years, once you give power to people they might abuse it. So best would be in my opinion not to have any ambassadors or with very limited power and restrictions.

6 Likes

The millennium debate about Democracy vs Oligarchy :slightly_smiling_face:

Self-organizing, and if needed, democratically chosen representatives, are indeed more beneficial to the community.

About nomadism, I’m also “one of them” :laughing: and I have no idea what location to enter in the compulsory Map feature.