Thanks to everyone who came to our weekly online event We covered some interesting topics, but the main one was, should we have a “community chat” or messaging feature for everyone in a community?
Some of the concerns were:
- At what levels do we have community chats? World, Country, Region, State/Province, City, Neighborhood?
- How many community chats could you be a part of at once? Your “home” community and the one you’re visiting? Are there times where you’d want to be part of more than two?
- How would we decide the borders of a community?
- What would we need to do in order to make large community chats less chaotic, for example in big cities?
- Would community chats affect/harm community forums, where information could be better organized?
Curious to hear your thoughts on this feature that has been discussed since early on.