Weekly Online Event (Sunday)

Hi all!

We run online events twice a week for all community members to meet and have a chat together.

If neither time suits you but you’d still like to hang with us, please fill out this form with your availability so that I can add additional times to the calendar. :slight_smile:

The purpose of these events is to welcome new members, get to know each other in person, talk about anything related to couch-surfing and Couchers.org, and answer any questions you may have. Hope to see you there!

6 Likes

That’s some slick RSVP feature! :sunglasses::sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Nov 8, 12pm–but what time zone?

1 Like

It shows local time zones, so the time shown for you is the local time where you are

2 Likes

Courtesy of @nolo himself!

3 Likes

Any way to turn this into a recurring event I can add to my calendar?

2 Likes

Yes, we can set it up as a recurring event. But it might not work so reliably when we change dates and times. Guess the safer approach would be to set up a calendar with specific dates and times elsewhere and just add the subscription link to the events on the forum.

1 Like

Yes, a shared Google Calendar could be VERY useful.

3 Likes

mouse-over the ´beginning´ time for a list of alternatives

You can find that calendar here! It will be updated accordingly to whatever online event we are doing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

SUPER - Thanks!

Just a note, that you may need to unmute your microphone when you arrive because can activate it by default.

1 Like

So… they lifted the restrictions here (finally) so I´m co-hosting the weekly (socially distanced and outdoor) meeting again, I´ll try to come say hi before going out, but not sure =(

6 Likes

This week’s meeting starts in about 15 minutes :slight_smile: see you there!

1 Like

I tried my best to attend it but I feel asleep by 12.30am haha

See you guys next week. Hope you had a fruitful meeting

2 Likes

We’ve got an event coming up in one hour! Hope to see you there :slight_smile:

1 Like

I try my best to be awake till then but I dose off.

Is there no way we can change the time of the meeting? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Maybe we should shift the time of the meeting every week? Or maybe we can use two times, twelve hours apart. In even weeks: 21UTC. In odd weeks: 9UTC. Or maybe shifting 8 hours is better then everybody has a chance to see each other over time and availability to attend is more fairly spread.

1 Like

100% agree. 7am on a Monday morning is really not a good time for me :sweat_smile:

2 Likes